If you’re a property manager of an apartment of condo building then you deal with a lot of trash. Did you know that making it easier for residents to recycle more can actually help save you money!? Get started today…
- Recycling Saves Money! Recycling is cheaper than trash collection & disposal and helps keep condo or apartment fees down. Haulers get rebates on recycling, and manufacturers purchase bales of recycled material to make new products.
- Place recycling bins in the same location as trash, and make sure to have enough recycling containers to meet demand. Make it so residents don’t have to go out of their way to recycle.
- Post clear labels and education materials around the building. List acceptable items on the containers. Use pictures and multiple languages if possible. Distribute a move-in letter with information on recycling to new residents, and include the information frequently in newsletters. View sample education signs that you can download and use.
- Review your recycling contract and negotiate with your hauler.
- Recycle more items, and check if you have enough recycling containers and their frequency of service.
- Be sure to check for contamination.
- Don’t forget to train custodial staff on any new changes.