Congratulations to the following office tenants and buildings for their Bronze Award level in the 2011 Arlington Green Games competition.
Bronze Awards for Office Tenants
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Arbour Realty
- Brookfield Office Properties
- Building Maintenance Service
- The Cadmus Group, Inc.
- Department of Homeland Security
- ESI International
- Mission Solutions Engineering
- Nathan Associates Inc.
- National Cooperative Bank
- Raytheon (Crystal City)
- Rosslyn Business Improvement District
- Scitor Corporation
- Strategic Investment Group
Bronze Awards for Buildings
- Arlington County Government
- 3282 Fairfax Drive
- 4200 28th Street South
- Kodiak Realty Services LLC, 875 North Randolph
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, 4401 Wilson Boulevard
- Penzance, 3865 Wilson Boulevard
- Vornado/Charles E. Smith
- 1235 South Clark Street
- 1225 South Clark Street
- 2001 Jefferson Davis Highway
- 2231 Crystal Drive
- 2345 Crystal Drive
At the start of the program, 2011 office tenant competitors completed an online green action scorecard to establish baselines of their environmental performance through a series of 30 green strategies. The scorecard covered energy, transportation, waste, water, materials, employees and outreach, and innovation. Points were earned in each category by taking any number of no- or low-cost actions to full scale retrofit actions.
Property managers/owners competitors worked over 2011 to meet specific environmental goals in four areas, including Energy Reduction, Water Reduction, Waste Diversion, and Tenant Engagement. After evaluating 2010 data, property managers then set Base Goals or Stretch Goals for each category.