The Arlington Green Games program is one of many programs Arlington County has developed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). The friendly competition was designed for residents and businesses to reduce costs while reducing emissions. The commercial office sector track kicked off in January 2011 and was expanded to retail, restaurants, and apartments & condos in 2013. No programs are running at this time.
Participants in the Inaugural Green Games competition:
- included 100+ buildings and offices
- represented roughly 15 million square feet – or one third – of Arlington’s office space, and
- saved more than $2 million in avoided energy and water costs.
AIRE guided each business and provided ongoing support to reduce building emissions and their operating costs, including:
- an initial environmental awareness analysis,
- an energy efficiency improvement checklist, and
- a robust, interactive training program.
Learn more about the Inaugural Season results here.