Green Games is part of the County’s AIRE program, and is one of many programs Arlington County has developed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). The year-long competition designed for the commercial office sector kicked off in January 2011.
Participants in the Inaugural Green Games competition:
- included 100+ buildings and offices
- represented roughly 15 million square feet – or one third – of Arlington’s office space, and
- saved more than $2 million in avoided energy and water costs.
AIRE guided each business and provided ongoing support to reduce building emissions and their operating costs, including:
- an initial environmental awareness analysis,
- an energy efficiency improvement checklist, and
- a robust, interactive training program.
Learn more about the Inaugural Season results here.
Due to the success and popularity of this program, AIRE is expanding the Green Games to two other sectors of the community. Green Games Retail and Green Games Restaurants kick off on October 1, 2012. AIRE also plans to review and re-launch the office sector program in January 2013.
Visit www.arlingtongreengames.com to register today.