With Spring in full swing, the AIRE team is making appearances all around town. From youth groups to County festivals, we are out and about to share news and tips on how to add a little energy efficiency into your daily routine. Here are some highlights of places we’ve been and where you can find us next!
- Buckingham Youth Brigade: This…is…ENERGY Jeopardy! Yes, you read that right, Energy Jeopardy! Energy efficiency isn’t just for adults anymore. Getting our entire community into the know on energy is a key part of our mission at AIRE. Not to mention, we like to have fun! AIRE played a round of Energy Jeopardy with the Buckingham Youth Brigade recently and the enthusiasm was outstanding! Let us know if you are part of an organization or community group that would be interested in playing Energy Jeopardy and we will bring the game to you!
- Crystal City 5K: Are you an avid runner or outdoor enthusiast? AIRE is looking for you, too! AIRE joined the excitement of a group of local runners last week at one of the Crystal City 5K Fridays! Were you there? Did it get you thinking about energy use as you ran the course? Maybe you glanced down at your shoe-wallet giveaway and saw the “Be Smart, Think Less” message we are promoting. Remember you too can be smart about energy use….by thinking about using less of it!
- E-CARE: We were so heartened to see so many friendly early morning risers at last Saturday’s E-CARE event at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. Were you one of the folks we got to talk about energy with while you waited in line to unload your car full of materials? Approximately 37.7 tons of household hazardous materials (HHM) and an estimated 15 tons of electronics for recycling were collected from 1,538 residents. Great job, everyone!
- Green Living Expo: Like to learn by doing? AIRE showcased multiple displays, including interactive light bulb displays and our Energy Efficient Doll House, to share the energy efficiency message at this community-wide family event.
Coming up…don’t miss us at:
- Our Energy Scavenger Hunt in Crystal City THIS SATURDAY!
- Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 17
- Taste of Arlington on Sunday, May 19
We’ve even been out in the evenings at condo board meetings and civic associations. So don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re interested in learning more about energy and having a little fun while you do!
By: Sarah O’Connell