May – June 2015
You can go solar at reduced cost through with the Arlington Solar Co-Op. Learn how at the co-op’s final info session on Wednesday, May 27, from 6:45 to 9:30 at the Navy League Building. The solar panel installers from EDGE Energy will be there to discuss the next steps in going solar.
Martin Ogle, Entrepreneurial Earth LLC
Lunch presentation by
Robert C. Means SDJ, Climate Professor, Johns Hopkins
Award-Winning Author Larry Robertson
A Deliberate Pause
Janine Finnell, Leaders in Energy Group
Mara Layseca, Envirohomedesign LLC
Barbara Englehart, Engelhart Consulting
The workshop will include:
- Discussion of human progress amidst inevitable change.
- Bridges between traditional environmental education and business and entrepreneurship.
- An introduction to the science of Gaia Theory.
- Lifestyles in a Net Zero World.
- Entrepreneurship reframed as“innate human creativity” as promoted by Arlingtonian, Larry Robertson.
- Short lectures, hands-on activities and small group discussions.
Your ticket includes:
- A copy of the book A Deliberate Pause
- Sustainable Business Panel Discussion & Reception
- Tech Shop TOUR
Proceeds benefit OurTask.com, a 100% volunteer organization based in Arlington, VA, committed to environmental awareness and accountability and dedicated to informing young adults about what is happening to Earth.
Come on this tour to get inspiration and ideas to go green at home! The 13th annual tour will include a mixture of new green homes, green renovations, and watershed-friendly gardens. See homes featuring energy efficient technologies, solar elements, water saving technologies, native plants, rain gardens, and rain barrels, wildlife habitat, and more! This tour is sponsored by Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment and Arlington County DES. The tour brochure with locations will be online at www.arlingtonenvironment.org by May 15th.
A guided biking tour will be available for this event. Registration for the bike tour will be available online by May 1st atwww.arlingtonenvironment.org